So, after an awful night fighting a headache (which I thought would get better once I was upright but has only gotten [much] worse), I've got myself ensconced in the sick room today. That'd be the library, since it has the movies and the flat screen in it.
Hang on, Tucker's gotta go out (being an "only" when you're sick is the pits!).
It's times like this, too, that I wish I had TV reception so I could mindlessly flip through channels, but I'll have to satisfy myself with one of the (let me count the ones I can see w/o getting up) . . . well, I got up to 70 individuals ones, not counting TV series(es?) and collections (hang on, just sneezed all over myself), so there should be SOMETHING I can find to entertain myself. Plus two new Netflix DVDs.
Anyway, let's make sure I have everything necessary for my infirmary:
- Hideously mis-matched outfit consisting of slippers, PJ pants with duckies on 'em, and an old, reclaimed bathrobe of the ex's that Calvin Klein would be embarrassed to have his name on, given the shape of it? Check.
- Two annoying cats trying to walk all over me? Check.
- Laptop at 1/2 battery power? Check.
- Bag of crocheting? Check.
- Stepped-on cat (how was I to know she was laying right under me)? Check.
- Heating pad? Check.
- Telephone? Check.
- Blankets? Check.
- Headache? Check.
- Notepad & pen? Check.
- Long-lasting chews for the dogs downstairs? Check.
- Hot beverage? Check.
- Cold beverage infused with Vitamin C? Check.
- Kleenex? Check.
- Tall garbage for Kleenex, tall enough that Maisy can't reach in to eat the used tissues? Check.
- Saline nasal spray? Check.
- Vick's VapoRub? Check.
- Bowl of it'll-make-me-feel-better mint ice cream? Check and consumed.
- Copious amounts of Vitamin C, Vitamin D, plus pseudoephydrine (sp?) for sinus relief (which still has NOT kicked in yet, grrrrrr)? Check and consumed.