* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Enter Whining

No, I'm not talking about Fran Drescher's autobiography (and, yes, I'll admit to owning it):  I'm talking about me.  I could have also titled today's post 'One Step Forward and Two Steps Back'.  Last night, I pulled the plug and sent out word that I wouldn't be in my office today.  I think I overdid it yesterday because I was feeling almost human again.  As a result, the chills came on last night and the cough was worse and worse, and today?  Ugh.  Thankfully (!) that headache still hasn't returned, but otherwise?  Ugh.  But, my cough is much more "productive" (yuck) today than it was yesterday, so I suppose that's progress?  And, if things continue as they are, I will have lost 5 pounds by the end of the day due strictly to the amount of phlegm coming out of me!  (Nice, huh?)  I did wash the down comforter from the bed yesterday, and I think that helped me get a better night's sleep (what is it about a freshly made bed?!), but now I feel like the house is just FULL of germs!  I want to fumigate the place once I leave it!

Reading about the snowstorms south of us this morning, I did realize that I've very much been in luck regarding the weather and this cold (illness):  for the second day in a row, Mother Nature is blessing us with a solar-charging, blue sky day.  Gorgeous!  I even (gasp!) used my toaster this morning - something you never do unless the generator is on or you know you're getting solar gain.  And so, realizing it could be dumping buckets of snow and I'd have to be out dealing with that, I am grateful for the complete LACK of weather out there!

I got myself a healthy dinner made last night, but, other than that, the only visible "do-something" I've made these last two days is a good start on a custom hat.  I think I mentioned that, when the marketing coordinator for our county's tourism industry came in to the gallery to buy a calendar, she fell in love with one of my hats.  This one:



I was worried that it was a little too big for her, but she insisted that no, no, it was fine!  Fast forward a day or two, and she admitted that she'd realized it was too large by the time she'd gotten home!  ;)  So, I've started a new one for her, but, until I remembered last night that I had online access to the above image, I wasn't sure how soon I'd incorporated the first olive / multicolored yarn.  And, ooops:  I'd forgotten that first top-of-the-hat stripe.  Oh, well, I think she'll be fine with it.  I DID warn her that, since I use no patterns, each hat is unique . . . but that I would try to emulate the first one as much as possible.  I'll take a picture of the new one as soon as I have the energy.  :)


That's all for now.  If you're up in these here parts, enjoy the sun!  If you're inundated with snow, enjoy the snow day!

8 comments:

  1. Adorable hat! And go ahead and whine - there's nothing worse than being ill in the winter. Nothing. Nada. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and shutting down for a while. Sometimes it's hard to give yourself enough time to get totally over whatever bug you have. Take care of yourself and let us know you're alive from time to time ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous hat! I'm glad you're being spared by the weather, the last thing you need while recuperating is another go with the plow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the hat compliments! :)

    And, Susan, actually, there IS one thing worse than being ill in the winter, and that's being ill in the summer! I think it's SOOOO hard to "stay down" when you see SO many things outside that should be done (as in the summertime). It's easier to curl up under a blanket in the cold wintertime. For me, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take the time you need to take care of yourself. Hugs for you!!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this cold faked you out and bit your little fannie a second time! That stinks!

    MORE SOUP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of yourself. Lots of pewople are gettin pneumonia with this stuff. Puppy is 4 month old on the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better by now! We did indeed get a lot of snow-not as much as originally predicted, but more than we're used to all in one drop. Schools all closed again today-they just can't get all the roads and neighborhoods cleaned up enough to make it safe for the kiddos to be on the buses. Glad you had blue sky and sunshine-perhaps it will make it to us today. Nothing more beautiful than a cold and sunny winter day. Get well!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!