* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Shoulds & Wants / Wants & Shoulds

My life seems to be made up of Shoulds and Wants. They are in constant combat with each other, but Shoulds generally win.

But, this morning, the Wants got the upper hand. After chores, what did I do? Nuthin'! I took my coffee, a Poptart and banana, and went upstairs to the library where I plugged in my laptop, and played. I read some blogs, I diddled on Facebook. That was it. And, I enjoyed it! And, better yet, I don't feel guilt about it! Yayy for me!

Now, though, I need to Get To It. And, I've found that I'm more accountable and able to stay on-task if I lay out those plans. Even tho I didn't accomplish everything on the list, detailing my To Dos in this previous post, really did help!

So, I'm gonna do it again today. The Hours, that is. Here are today's Must Do Hours:

  • Graphic & web design work for client(s) *
  • Dishes
  • Make pasta salad (leftover time to be spent on kitchen clean-up).
  • Vacuum **
  • Iron
  • Prep for big ULINE order I'll place tomorrow.

* I limit my business work @ the computer to 99-minute increments. Why? Well, it's two-fold. #1, my timer only goes up to 99 minutes. #2, if I don't limit myself, the neck & back pain from concentration & the poor posture I inevitably slip into in front of the computer gets the better of me if I don't limit it.

** Do I have enough rugs to vacuum that it could take an hour? Yes. Besides, I'm a bit of a fastidious vacuumer.

So, those tasks above will take me over 6 1/2 hours, and that doesn't allow for all the things that pop up in between. It's nearly 12:30 now. So, ready? Set . . . GO! I'll check in with you after 7:00 PM! Thanks for providing my incentive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!