* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



DNR Issues Bear Advisory

The Department of Natural Resources is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen, golfers, and tourists in general to take extra precautions and keep alert for bears. Cities and areas most affected are in northeastern Minnesota.

The DNR advises people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their shoes or clothing to alert but not startle the bears unexpectedly. They also advise carrying pepper spray in case of an encounter with a bear.

It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of bear activity. People should learn to recognize the difference between small young cub droppings and large adult (boar/sow) scat.

Young bear droppings are smaller and contain fish bones, seeds, and berries.

Adult bear scat has little bells in it and smells like
pepper spray.


Editorial Note: Thanks, TJ! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I thought you would like that! You have to check out my blog - new updates. I got my new little girl and have found peace again :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!