* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



I Love My Pantry!

I know this may sound inconceivable to some of you, but it wasn't until the middle of last month - a full 11 months after moving in - that I FINALLY got all the pantry boxes unpacked and organized in the new pantry off the kitchen. And, man, do I ever LOVE it! I liked my pantry in the old house, but I LOVE this one!

I was able to design this one just how I wanted, and the biggest plus is the placement of it - just through a door to the left of my main kitchen work counter. When I'm cooking or baking, I just leave the pantry door open and grab what I need off the shelves. I keep ALL our non-perishable food in there. So, once we have "real" cabinets and cupboards in the kitchen, they'll be completely reserved for dishes (no foodstuffs). And (you may remember me talking about it previously), the pantry floor was poured and insulated separately from the rest of the floor (which contains the in-floor heat). So, point being, the pantry floor is always cold - even when the in-floor heat is on - and, therefore, the pantry is nice and cool . . . creating the best way to store food.

Editorial note: it's raining, and a little thunder just rumbled . . . causing Maisy to come shooting into my office to land underneath my desk. What a wimp. ;) And, she needs a bath. Peee-ueeew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!