* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne




13 March 2006: On the morning I was set to head home from the big city, I was awoken by a call on my cellphone from my girlfriend who lives and is a teacher down there. She warned me that it had taken her 2 hours to drive across the city to work and begged me to not leave until the last possible moment - when the roads had a better chance of being cleared. Now, mind you, it was so balmy when we went out to dinner Saturday night that we waited for our table - sipping cocktails, of course - OUTSIDE! (And two of the three of us went barefoot in summer shoes.) So, not being sure what she was talking about, I pulled myself out of bed and made it over to the window. Pulling aside the drapes, this is what I saw! (Or, more to the point, couldn't see out of!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!