* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



The Drive Home

I stayed in the motel room that Monday morning as late as I could: check-out was at noon. Even by that time, the snowplow had made only one narrow pass through the motel parking lot. My car was so engulfed in drifted snow that I had to blindly back it out (the parking lot was pretty much empty at that point) into the plowed corridor just to be able to get to the windows to clean and scrape them! The usually-5-hour drive took me just under 7. It wasn't horrible, and most everyone was driving very carefully. The ones that weren't were in the ditch. And, I had to laugh: of all the cars freshly in the ditch with the drivers still in them? They were all men.

Meanwhile, while I had been gone, Tom had gone gang-busters and done a substantial amount towards finishing the bathroom! He installed the new, 6-panel solid pine door and stained it. He had a bit of a time fitting the pre-hung door frame in since this little old house of ours is anything but square! He also finished up a bare wall "bump-out" that required tongue and groove paneling. Towel racks and bathrobe hooks are next!

Speaking of all of that, we're showing the house on Saturday! Of course, that means that I have SO much to spit and polish before then, but keep your fingers crossed for us! This is a private individual - we haven't listed it yet. If she isn't interested, we'll get it on the open market fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!