* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Tuesday

We were welcomed home yesterday by a lovely snow that covered up all the old, dirty stuff and added to everyone's New Year's exercise regimen (in the form of shoveling). We got a solid 6-8" down here by the lake. Tomorrow I'll be able to give the report of accumulation from the property because I'll be heading up to plow. I tried to get that done today, but, once again, the plow was broken. But, also once again, my handy husband-turned-grease-monkey fixed it! The only issue was that by the time the plow was repaired, it was too late and close to dark to head up - not enough daylight to get done all that I had to do. So, I'll hit it bright and early tomorrow.
Topping off Tom's stressful first two weeks of 2006 and our anxious week at his brother's bedside in the ICU, Tom hit a deer on the way home Sunday night. As a good friend in Montana would have said, "Perfect." Fortunately, there was minimal damage done to the car (no repair work needed) and the deer seemed to be not terribly injured (it was large, there was no blood, and it immediately bolted away).
News of Tom's brother continues with ups and downs. He's still awake and talking but some new infections are cropping up. But, a Caring Bridge website has been set up for family and friends to keep tabs on his progress. If you would like the web address, please contact us privately.
I have some exciting news that I haven't yet had a chance to share: I've added a new title to those already on my resume (such as fishing net hand-tier, homemaker, general contractor, chicken farmer, snow plower, etc.): nanny! I'm caring for the 3 1/2 month old daughter of some friends of ours two days a week while her mom's at work. Those of you who know me well know that there's really no other job in the world that could drag me out into the "workplace", but my little charge is such a pumpkin and SO easy to take care of! I love it! (Besides, it's probably good that I "get off the farm" once in a while!)
That's all for now. I have an early appointment tomorrow to see about getting MY car fixed from the deer I hit in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!