* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Snowy Monday Morning

'Allo, allo from a very snowy and wintery northern Minnesota this morning! It snowed Friday night into Saturday morning, and so Tom headed up to plow our 4-mile road Saturday. I followed shortly behind and was a bit surprised to see that, after the 3 miles of blacktop that the main road begins with (and then turns to gravel), the county boys had stopped plowing! So, the 9 miles between the blacktop and our 4-mile winter driveway was a bit . . . "thick" to drive through! They didn't even have it plowed yet when we came home late that afternoon.

With a busy weekend we never got around to plowing down here (our first of the season) but that was just as well because we got another nice dumping last night. I will go out and do all the plowing here this afternoon.

So, on Saturday we got 5 more windows installed, and yesterday we got another 4 in. That means that 10 are in, overall! Almost 1/4 of our 46 windows! All three windows are in in Tom's workshop at the south end of the garage, and all 7 of the windows in my kitchen are in! We couldn't be more tickled with them. Although, the one mistake I made in ordering double hung windows is that the sash hits us both right about at eye-level. So, when standing at the windows, you either have to stand up very straight and tall . . . or slouch to see under. Oh, well. You can't anticipate everything, I guess!

I think I will go up one day this week to find, unpack, and install all the grids for these 10 windows. That will really be the crowning touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!