* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Administration (Kind Of) Post

You may have noticed the new website under the 'Links' section of this blog. Friends of ours moved to France this spring and they keep us all updated on their wonderful new life through their website. Most of the pictures posted are incredible and all the stories would make even the most ardent Bush supporter want to move to France!

And, I forgot to mention the following from Thursday night when we were on our way home from checking out the rain damage up at the property. About 2 1/2 miles from home - just as the car hit the blacktop and began picking up speed - a young, smallish bear (a yearling, we initially thought) came bolting out of the woods in front of us. I slammed on the brakes, and there was no problem. But then, her two TINY, tiny cubs came frantically tearing out behind her. They were only about 15" long, tops. The car shuddered as the wheels screeched and I clamped my eyes shut and hoped for the best. Poor Tom - apparently I grab onto whatever I happen to be touching when I'm terrified . . . in this case, his leg. I had about 2" of skin in a vise-grip! THANKFULLY, we all came out of it in one piece, but I will never forget the terrified look on that last little cub's face. I'm sure the poor thing had never even seen a car before . . . and then to have his short little life flash in front of his eyes!? Ick. Just awful.

But, "all's well that ends well - toot, toot," as my dad used to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!