* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A New Year Equals New Opportunities


Happy New Year!  I have lots to update you on but not the time to write a decent post right now.  But, I do want to share these few things:
  • It's Susan's birthday!  Even though I've never met this woman, I have a few prized possessions placed around my little cabin* that remind me of her, and - for whatever reason - she's in my thoughts almost daily.  (*Okay, truth time:  they WILL be placed around the cabin once I find them in the unpacked boxes!)  She's an inspiration to me:  of homesteading, of single woman life, of farming, of living.
  • I normally overdo my New Year's resolutions - picking too many or unrealistic ones.  This year, I'm choosing two:  to blog more (which shouldn't be too hard given my number of posts in 2012) and to do the following idea (a blogger I read - but whose post I've forgotten! - suggested this as did a friend on FB).
"Starting January 1st, write good things that happen to you on little pieces of paper.  Things like surprise gifts, accomplished goals, the beauty of nature, fun/funny moments, memories worth saving, daily blessings.  Drop them into a jar.  Then, on December 31st, open the jar and read all the amazing things that happened to you in the past year!"
 So, that's what I'm gonna focus on (both of which can be as inclusive - of the entire year - as you choose).  How about you?  What are YOU looking forward to in 2013?

Cheers!
- Chicken Mama




6 comments:

  1. Getting the garden updated, upgraded, and just UP!
    Sooooo, it's Susan's birthday today, hugh? Well, we'll just have to use that little tidbit of information now, won't we?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good plan. For sure, keep things positive. That isn't always easy in a world that can be so negative these days. Enlarging the garden....one plan for 2013. Getting that quilt sewed together is another! :)
    Happy New Year!
    Foxy Lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't made any real plans for 2013 except to finally get that homestead of mine. Other than that, enjoy my kids, and the new grandbaby due in May.

    Hope this year is amazingly blessed for you! You deserve nothing less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Susan! I too have seen that jar suggestion and it sounds like a great idea! I hope we all have a better year this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's a good thing I didn't see this post before now - I would not have been able to squeeze my swelled head through the front door! Oh shucks and gee whiz, Chicken Mama. You are quite the inspiration yourself - through one of the toughest years any young woman should have to traverse, you managed to do it with good humor, grit and dignity. Hooray for you! This should be such a better year for you! And we will be here, cheering you on. I am very happy you will be blogging more, since I do so look forward to your bon-motty posts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey you ~ it's yew ~ unless you meant to call her a female sheep!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!