* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A (Very Slight) Brush With Fame

Yesterday at work, I checked out two gentlemen.  As I was doing so, I got that "feeling" that he - the guy who bought some clothes - was "someone".  I checked his ID - an automatic response when folks pay with credit cards - and made an inane comment when I saw what city in CA he lived, "Hey, I have a cousin who lives in ------."  He responded with a joking, "No WAY!" . . . as one might if you're traveling overseas and they find out you're American, only to ask, "Hey, my friend Bob lives in Minneapolis - do you know him?!"  We bantered back and forth about that just a tiny bit . . . but after he left, I pulled out his credit card receipt to check.

Yep, it was Chris Hillman.  Of The Byrds!

If I spy him again, I'll apologize for not recognizing him.  But then, maybe it's NICE to not be recognized all the time?  If I were him, I know *I* would think so!

 

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes that happens once in a lifetime and you never forget.They had a Jerry Lewis marathon back home when I was little and I met James Brolin GOSH he was soooo tall and good looking.I won't forget that.Lucky us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then, sometimes you make an ass out of yourself - like the day I passed Sly Stallone (and three very tall people - he is short and much more good looking in person) on the street in NYC. He said, "Hey there." I said, "Whatever," annoyed that some overly tanned guy was chatting me up. I didn't realize it was the Slyster until three blocks further down the street. Doh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Byrds, schmyrds, Chris Hillman of McGuinn, Clark and Hillman!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!