* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



I Wish I Were . . .

Oh, how I wish I were still snuggled in bed on this cold (3 degrees) morning!  Each day (or so), I learn something new to help with my new schedule.  Yesterday, it was 'don't place the digital alarm clock close enough to the bed that you can hit the snooze button'!!  

I really don't have much to report.  I'm still getting used to the work-work-work schedule.  It SURE will be nice, though, come spring & summer when there's enough light in the evenings to prevent you from feeling soooo tired sooo early!  

Finding clothes to wear at work is tricky because you cannot wear jeans but for Casual Fridays - you have to look decently nice (nicely decent?).  BUT, here's the problem:  if you're doing anything but working the registers (which I'm NOT looking forward to!), you get fairly filthy.  And, if you're doing any stocking or cleaning near the bottoms of the shelves, you're on your knees.  And, the wax that was used to polish the tiles floors back in the 50s is starting to come off . . . directly onto the knees of your pants!  And then there is truck day - each Tuesday - when you get REALLY dirty, I'm warned!  When I started, I asked if there was the possibility of wearing an apron - both so I had pockets to serve as my portable "desk" (paper, pencils, tape, glasses, etc.) and to protect my clothes.  And, fortunately, they DO have branded aprons (although they're that "no-wrinkle" starchy polyester).  I'm the only one who wears one, tho.  Maybe I'm just messier than the rest!  ;)

I had a nice, low-key overnight with Baby Girl on Saturday night, but she DID wake much earlier than I'd hoped.  There was a little body scrambling over me before it was light.

"Bopee, you have dragon breath."

"Bopee?  When can we get up?"  When it's light out.

". . . Bopee?  It's light out."  Oooooookay.

But, the snuggling in bed compensated for it.  ;)

When I left in the early afternoon, I felt EXHAUSTED, but, somehow, I got rejuvinated when I got home.  Was it the simple pleasure of a few hours at Swamp River Ridge (when I wasn't sleeping)?  Just the necessity of needing to make hay while the sun still shone?  I dunno, but it worked, and I got a good couple hours in on the woodpile and on outside chores . . . and then even a few things done in the evening inside.  I'm still not properly adjusted to the 5:30 alarm, tho, and need to get to bed earlier at night.  It's hard when I don't get home until 7:00, though (work ends at 5:30, then I pick up the dogs, followed by the hour drive home).  When I'm done with chores and in for the evening, it's 7:45.  Then there's dinner and checking e-mail, doing the necessary business & personal stuff, getting in a shower and trying to get into bed by 9:00 so I can be asleep by 9:30.  Tough.  BUT, I shall continue to work at it so I'm not worn out each morning!


That's it for today.  Gotta run.  Hope you're all WELL!  I haven't had a single chance to read any of your blogs for a while now.  :(

4 comments:

  1. A new work schedule always throws me off too. Hoping you find a good routine so you don't get worn out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, I'm sure it will get easier when we get more hours of daylight. This is the toughest time of year since it's been dark for hours already once you get home! Love that header photo today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do best if I get in bed/lights out by 9:30pm on the nights before I have to wake up at 5:30am. That is one rough commute to add on either end of your day...yuck! That heavens for books on tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adjusting to a new job is always stressful - just take it one day at a time and before you know it you'll be all settled in!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!