I just wandered over to Susan's e-i-e-i-omg blog and spied this particular post. And I had to share it. Dunno what it is about it, but I LOVE THIS POST. Go read it. Now.
See? Did it not speak to you, too?
She sure can write, that one. Makes you feel like you were right there, doesn't she?
But, back to me. (Ha!) My Tuesday . . . ramblings. (What rhymes with Tuesday & means 'meaningless blather'?)
- I am SO over the cluster flies. Which now, with the colder weather, are zombie flies. Half-dead, staggering all over, flying with no direction - smashing into this and that. They have been driving me crazy, these past couple of hours: knocking into the ceiling around the dining room lights, falling onto the table here, falling into my hair, my water glass . . . .
- Even though I'm feeding them the best dog food money & research can find (the ex gave me some dough to spend on "the kids"), I am currently stewing more homemade food for them because Maisy's started right up again with her allergic coughing & sneezing and general carrying-on. Hmmm, maybe it's a PLOY just to get me to MAKE their food again! Anyway, the point is, while stewing up two old birds, I threw in a raccoon head for good measure. I mean, really . . . why not? (Okay, so I'd kind of forgotten it was in the freezer, and I wanted to boil the meat off in order to get a clean skull.)
- If I was a bird hunter, I'd have had fresh grouse for dinner tonight. I had to stop to pee on the way home (tiny bladder!), and a grouse sat under an evergreen not 15' away as I squatted. Just watching me. Dumb bird.
- I just realized that the above statement would have sounded strange to people who don't realize my commute is mostly along a quiet, gravel road winding through the far reaches of northern Minnesota! Ha! ;)
- Critters spied tonight on the way home: 1 red fox, two grouse.
- I'm really enjoying working in the Roe House.
- Spending each day in surgical gloves is really killing my hands. Do any of you who also spend time in surgical gloves have a suggestion / remedy to keep them from drying out so much?
- I'm already stressing about making money once this gig is done . . . and I haven't even received my first check from there yet.
- Wood working in the late fall is my favorite time of year for same. It feels good to get a little done each night I'm home in time to catch an hour or so of remaining daylight.
- The most recent photograph I took was . . . (I won't cheat, I promise):
|Uhhhh . . . sorry. Maybe I should have cheated?|
- And, in the spirit of one of my most favorite, dumb, stupid, time-wasting "games" on FB . . . "Name 5 Things You Can Reach From Where You're Sitting. Be Original. No Cheating."
Okay, not it's your turn. Go!
- Two pieces of salt-water taffy.
- My United States of America Passport Card.
- A battery meter.
- A dried, ordinary, green leaf. (On my diningroom table??????)
- A 1 oz. spray bottle of 98.25% DEET Deep Woods Off. Thank gawd I don't have to use it anymore!