Not much to report today. We had a solid 24 hours (maybe more?) of rain that ended last night. We needed it so desperately, so it was a welcome arrival. High winds came in last night that made things CHILLY. I was sure I'd see snow flurries as it was 39 degrees when I got home, but it only dipped down to 36. Today, the winds are trying to blow the clouds away, and the sun is trying to poke through . . . which bodes for a lovely, chill autumn day.
I met with that other artist yesterday to look at the space he's interested in sharing. I went to the meeting feeling 95% sure it wouldn't work out, but now I don't know! The space is nice and DEFINITELY more on the foot-traffic path than I currently am (which is not at all). And, he (the other artist) would hardly ever be there because he has another gallery location to man, so, at least on the surface, it looks like I would have the place to myself most of the time (a bonus). There's enough space, too, that we could hold monthly (or however frequent) revolving artist shows . . . which would be an added bonus to getting people in, particularly in the wintertime. The only way I'd do it, though, would be to be put on the lease as being responsible for $xxx / month . . . instead of leaving only the current leaser (leasee?) on it whereas I would just pay him. Point being, *I* don't want to be left hanging if he can't pay his (substantially more) rent. I don't know whether or not he'd go for that, but it would be the deciding factor for me. Until then, though, I've bought some time in the sense of telling him about doing the fish processing for the next several weeks and not being able to pay him to "hold" the space for me. So, stay tuned for more to come on that front.
Okay, that's that for this morning. As I said, not much! :)