|My inherited old girls and the rooster. His tail feathers are still regrowing after a viscous . . . goose (!) attack. ;) They were anything but trusting during the cleaning - as evidenced by their beady little eyes peering at me here!|
|The "output" end of Monday's chicken house cleaning. Through the too-small grain room and out to the wheelbarrow.|
Had to go to town yesterday (a normal day at home) because the chicks were due to arrive (turns out they're coming tomorrow). Because of that expected arrival, I scheduled two other dates yesterday: one with Baby Girl and her mama to visit and look at potential summertime nanny dates and then a lovely belated birthday dinner with two dear friends.
Also note-worthy regarding the food above: this is the restaurant that Mama & Papa Pea used to supply with fresh garden produce. (Unfortunately, I doubt ANY of yesterday's veggies were grown locally this early . . . unless someone has a high-functioning greenhouse set up.)
|The lake on my winter drive out. Will it be open for Fish Opener (a local High Holy Day) on the 14th? I'll bet - it's looking pretty soft!|
Tonight I have to prep, too, for the kitties' surgeries tomorrow. Both of them go in to be spayed and get their minimum shots (distemper & rabies). They'll spend the night and then I'll take them home on Friday.
With that, I'll leave you with my unreasonable but still "must do" list for the day. And it's already noon.
* * * * *
90 minutes later . . . .
I just finished with a LOVELY, impromptu visit by two new friends! (Thank you, J & S, for sending them my way!) You know, it's funny how I say "I don't like people" (generally, to explain why I live out here), but I have met some WONDERFULLY incredible people in the last couple of years: seasonal or part-time friends to this neck of the woods and YOU, my fantastic friends met thru blogging! I'm feeling very rich right now. :)
And so with that jump-start to my day, ON with my To Dos:
1. Green tablecloth ironed & ready for gallery. Moved to another day (see below).
2. Ironing. Limited to one shirt and one pair of pants. And, let me just say that a cat who may have a UTI and soft ironing board covers do *not* mix. And we'll leave it at that. If being spayed and confirming an infection doesn't do it, back OUTSIDE these cats GO!
3. Laundry. Moved to another day. Too grossed out. See above.
4. Info for my cousin.
6. Sympathy card for dear friends.
7. Prep Mother's Day cards to stock tomorrow.
8. Kitties ready for transport to vet.
9. Calendar for making dogs' appts. w/ vet.
10. Tax Stuff
11. Cut Wood
12. Update Calendar
13. Client Responses- Which, of course, took longer than I'd planned/hoped/expected.
14. General House Clean-Up (In case, ya know, I have unexpected visitors! Ha! Fortunately, the lovely day allowed for visiting out on the deck where I'd already - luckily - set up the deck chairs.
Nuthin' like starting your day at 2:00 PM! Hey, that's MY kinda schedule! :)