* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A Happy Day!

Happy May Day!

Good morning!  Happy May Day!  I wish the tradition of hanging May Day baskets on front doors was still a custom but, up here, those flowers would probably freeze more days than they wouldn't!  ;)  We got 1.2" of rain here yesterday - the first good soaker of the year.  And, FORTUNATELY, the overnight temp stayed in the high 30s here at Swamp River Ridge overnight, so NO white stuff!  Yayyy!  I think I may even attempt driving out the back way today in the little car.

So, what actually gets me up with the 6:45 AM alarms?  The opportunity to meet Bunny today!!!  His mama called me last night to say that they'd love to see me this morning, and so off I'm going!  Whoo-hooo:  I've been imagining what it will feel like to hold that little bundle in my arms, to smell him (you all know that baby smell I'm talking about!), and feel his little fingers wrap around one of mine!  And, of course, to let The Peanut know that she's STILL the most special little girl in the whole wide world . . . although I'll have a most special little BOY to love now, too!  :)

Pictures to come when I have 'em!

Anyone dancing around the May Pole today?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I didn't even realize it was May 1st until I read it here! I think I WILL go out and construct me a fun Maypole and do a little Mother Nature/ Pagan dance out there to scare the neighbors, we are in the Southern Baptist land, remember?! Nah, they are probably used to us by now :)

    Have FUN meeting the little one, what a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I USE TO LOVE MAY DAY. MY KIDS ALWAYS DID BASKETS. YOUR LUCKY TO HAVE A GOOD FRIEND TO SHARE HER BABY WITH YOU. I HOPE SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM MY DAUGHTER IS CURRENTLY HAVING! SIBLING RIVALRY FROM THE 2 YEAR OLD ONTO THE 2 MONTH OLD.AND IT IS NOT JUST THE TERRIBLE TWO'S SHOWING UP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, when you move up here, maybe you and I will have to resurrect the whole custom around May Day! :)

    Judy, so far, so good! But, it's only the first days, of course. I'm sure the time will come when a little fist is raised over his head for one unhappy, jealous reason or another! ;)

    P.S. The "comment deleted" was nothing exciting: just Mama Pea and me testing a problem w/ her compooter.

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!