* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Just Another Challenge

Just another challenge . . . and it will keep the riff-raff out.  ;)  As I swung off the main road last night and turned onto my winter driveway, I came to a screeching halt.  This sign was planted firmly in the middle of the road:

ROAD CLOSED!!
Ohhh-kay, then!  Hmph!  Well.  Umm, yah.

I got out and read the legal mumbo-jumbo notice.  Yup, road is closed due to deteriorating conditions (I coulda told 'em that a WHILE ago).  Matter of fact (continuing to read), driving on the road is a MISDEMEANOR!  "Scr*w THAT," I thought, "I'm goin' HOME!"  But, I read further:  "Chicken Mama, a conditional use permit has been sent to your mail box."  (Damn straight it has!)


Anyway, more later.  I'm just now FINALLY in the office.  Got 6" last night (not the 4" I'd thought it was before I'd gone out to do chores), and we're scheduled for up to 7" more this afternoon / evening . . . which means I might head home early tonight and probably WON'T battle heading into the office tomorrow.


So, if I'm home at a decent time tonight, I'll get back to you!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I love the little addendum taped to the sign LOL! I see you are back to the snowy shot of SRR, hope spring comes for real very soon so you can get on with that melt and mud and get it behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, don't you feel lucky?! Do they give you new tires ever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG---i only have this to say--"merry christmas" or" trick or treat "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only in small town America ... LOL! Are they going to fix the road, or is that up to you? It would be nice if they did it.

    I can't believe how long winter is hanging on this year. We had snow about 4-5 days ago, but ours just doesn't stick around but for a few hours. We have been known to have a wild winter storm in May, but they are rare (I hope!)
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that was generous of them. Since it is your winter driveway. And, does winter have any intention of stopping up there?

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!