* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Winds of Change?

The wind has been up these last couple of days, pushing coolness across the snow.  Due to high, fast-moving clouds, the sun has felt weak, but there is still a small amount of drip-drip-dripping going on:  a definitely pleasant sound!

Thanks to Papa Pea's chainsaw sharpening skills, I'm making good progress on the cords of birch.  Here are some pictures as I'm progressing through the pile.  I've marked a tree in the background (on the images, NOT in reality!) for a reference point.

Here's, pretty much, where the pile was when I began working on it last month.  As you can see, half the battle is uncovering it!  I hauled away many, many wheelbarrow loads of snow!
I enjoy cutting wood, and it feels so good to be aware that my body's becoming stronger as a result of it, too!  When I began, I would cut until I felt my body getting weak / shaky:  that was a good time to stop!  (Using a chainsaw is NOT ideal when one is feel shaky!)  Now, though, I stop - just for the convenience OF a stopping point - when I use up a tank of gas.  (And, because I want to move along with my day and get other things done.)

Progress!

More progress!
I'll be able to work through these cords of birch with no problem.  Once I get to the maple, though, I'm gonna organize some Wood Working with Friends days!  Sawing through hard, hard maple is s-l-o-w work!  My goal (easily attainable, I think) is to have all this wood cut (if not stacked) by bug season (usually around the end of May).  Doing wood work while wearing a sweltering head net is NOT fun.


In other news, this (above) set-up at the dining room table is a great example of how ALL my computers are right now.  I'm juggling five (!) different ones:  the three old ones plus the two new ones.  Above on the left, you see the laptop I was using as my MAIN (believe it or not) computer at the office.  At the right is the new laptop.  The easy thing to do would be to transfer ALL the information from it to the new computer at work, but there's so much personal stuff on there that I don't want to weigh down the new office desktop with it.  So, I carry it back and forth with me, transferring files as I find the need for them.  Probably not the most efficient use of my time, but I'm hoping it will decrease computer clutter, down the road.

My goal is to keep the desktop at work limited to only work files and images.  The new laptop will be for new personal photos, and the old desktop that I use in my home (personal) office will be for all the home files.  

That's all for this morning.  Enjoy your Tuesday, and I'll enjoy "my Sunday"!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wish we were there to help! Your home office area looks very bright and inviting! I'm not sure I'd want to make the commute into town and leave that bright cheerful spot - but I guess you need to be near customers other than moose and finches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your Header picture! Sharon

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!