* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Quick Post

Good morning!

Freshly percolated coffee at my side, I have a moment for a quick update this morning.  I had a good, solid day yesterday.  Good 'cause I remained pretty much on schedule and solid because I worked right up to falling into bed at 10:45 (first at the office and then here at home), just a little past my bedtime.  I could tell that the late 15-30 minutes (going to bed) made a difference, though, 'cause the second alarm (in the bathroom) rang and rang and rang and rang this morning before I finally pulled myself up and out of bed to turn it off about 20 minutes late.

I'm having that friend over for dinner tonight - my raincheck from Monday.  The soup is made, and I'll plop the dumplings in 20 minutes before we eat tonight.  I'll throw together a green salad, too, and we'll call it done.  Nothin' fancy, but good food.

So, I guess I really have nothing to impart, otherwise!  Bonzi (the kitten) has gone into heat and prowls around all night, letting us all know that she's miserable.  She's somewhere between a couple of weeks and a month or two older than Dosie, so I know it's only a matter of time for Dosie . . . .

Between the mountain and Explorer Guy, the mountain won.  After 5 (or was it 7?) days stuck in a 3' x 3' x 6' survival trench, waiting out a 5.4 magnitude earthquake and with a diminishing sanitary situation and a very real threat of losing digits to frostbite (it was -5 in the trench), Explorer Guy grabbed his one tiny window of opportunity - a break in the weather - and descended from his hole at 17,200 to his snow cave at 14,200 on Tuesday.

Then, mid-day yesterday (morning in Alaska), I got a call from The Ex:  Explorer Guy was giving Denali her due and was returning to base camp.  I guess there's a reason no one's ever been able to summit, solo, in January!  ;)  He won't be safe UNTIL he's at base camp in a day or two.  Then it's a matter of waiting for good weather for a pilot and The Ex to be able to fly in to pick him up.

Anyway, that's all.  Gotta head out in 45 minutes:  Thursdays are the only day that all of us women are in our offices at work, and so we celebrate birthdays, etc., on those days.  Saturday is The Young One's 23rd, so we're celebrating at this morning's 10:00 coffee break.

Have a great Thursday!
 

1 comment:

  1. we've been keeping up with Explorer Guy too, all I can say is ummm hmmm.....! Valiant effort though, I admit I'm surprised a bit that he chose to back down, I kind of was getting the feeling that it was do or die for him...good choice to make and err on the side of caution!

    Are you caught up on the plowing or is it still snowing buckets there?

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!