* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Me (That's Right, It's All About Me)

There's repeat of a meme going thru Facebook right now:  25 Things About Me.  I've done this one before, but, let's face it, it's fun, so I'm gonna do it again.  (I wonder if I'll have any repeats?  It would be interesting to see!)  So, without further ado and in no particular order . . . .

25 Things About Me
  1. I used to hate cats.  Hate 'em.  Now I have three.
  2. I smoke.  A pipe.  On occasion.
  3. Fundamentally, I am a very lazy person.  What keeps me moving are the examples set by my folks (the hardest working people you'll ever meet!), the desire to be "a good person", and doing what's required to live the life I want.
  4. With our wedding scheduled for (and held in) February, I convinced Tom to marry me in a civil service the previous June.  I felt quite sure he would get cold feet if we waited.  (Analyze THAT, why don't you, given the fact that we're now divorced!!)
  5. I think I (?!) believe in previous lives.  At least, I believe that there is some unknown entity that connects us to certain places or lifestyles that we've never experienced in this life.
  6. I have two stoves in my kitchen, and I use the old, wood cookstove that raised a family of 13 local children 95% of the time.  And, I wouldn't give it up for love nor money.
  7. If it weren't for the solitary fact that I'll be able to use it as a digital picture frame in my office/gallery once I can replace it as my laptop, I would use this computer for target practice.  (Update:  considering I had this list written up to Item 15 when this computer crashed, and I lost all of those [8-14], I may use it for target practice yet!)
  8. I wish I could be more organized.  (That's actually my biggest wish in life.)
  9. I think I could be a very "good" rich person.  
  10. If I was rich and didn't have to work to make money, I still don't think I'd have enough time to do ALL the things I want to do in life.
  11. Caffeine doesn't affect me.  I can drink coffee right before bed.  Conversely, if I'm tired while driving, caffeine doesn't help.
  12. You will never come to my house and find ALL the dishes done.  Just . . . can't . . . do . . . it.
  13. I designed this Swamp River Ridge house and know every inch of it, down to the 4 1/2" difference between the "matching" bump-outs that are the kitchen and sunroom.
  14. I will forever be grateful to Tom for getting me through my depression / years of infertility struggles.
  15. I am very glad that Tom finally had the strength to tell me, that horrible January day, that he was not happy in our marriage.  I never would have (ended the marriage), and we're both better, happier people now, because of that.  For that, I thank him.
  16. I'd always wanted a big, commercial strength Kitchen Aid and got one, from an old boyfriend, for a wedding gift.  It has sat, proudly, on the kitchen counter these past 10 years.  I have used it . . . once.
  17. I have always wanted to live by myself, in a cabin in the woods, for an entire calendar year.  No human contact other than, perhaps, two or three visits . . . but for no more than a couple of hours (mail & resupply & news).  I don't think I'd want to do it w/out a computer connection to the world, though.  Nor would I do it without the companionship of some four-leggeds.
  18. I have always wanted to live, for some period of time (at least two weeks), without clocks.  I'm interested to see how my internal timepiece would adjust.
  19. I love art.  I wish I had the money to spend on it.  I would support a lot of local artists.
  20. I would like to travel across America in an RV some day.  (With no time or money restrictions.)
  21. I almost lost the nearly 35-year friendship of my best friend following her wedding.  I'm glad I didnt.
  22. I have been to only one open-casket funeral and touched only one dead person in my life.  She was cold.  (Go figure.)
  23. I have never been able to stick to any sort of diet (not just the lose-weight kind).  If there's something I'm choosing to omit from my food groups, I can think of nothing but that treat / bready-goodness / alcohol . . . and immediately cave.
  24. I could never live in a part of the world where spiders were big and common.
  25. I've gotten the autograph of only one famous person, David Byrne of The Talking Heads.  If a friend who "knew music" hadn't picked him out at the London airport, I would have had no idea who he was.
Here's the link to the last time I did this - in January of 2009.  And, yep, I DID have some repeats!
    Now, dear reader, will you do the same?  I l-o-v-e learning things like this about my friends!

    13 comments:

    1. I will take the challenge. And take comfort in the fact that very few people will know me better...
      I think you must be very comfortable in your skin, and this I admire about you. Along with at least 20 other things.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Susan, you made me smile! :) Thanks! But, what do you mean by "and take comfort in the fact that very few people will know me better"? That must mean that you, too, are very comfortable in your own skin and people already know you well!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Do I qualify? I'm your mother, not a friend. (Wait, did that come out right? I mean friends are different than mothers. Or is it that mothers are different than friends? Well, a friend can be a mother. Or a mother can be a friend. Huh? Ah, never mind.)

      I don't think I could think of 25 things to write down about myself anyway! :o)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Mom, YES, you SHOULD do it . . . please! What if there's something I learn about you that I'd never known!? (Did you learn anything that you'd never known about me from mine?)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Claire, #11???? What about #21?!!! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    6. And, so, what's a meme? My inquiring mind needs to know...

      ReplyDelete
    7. Susan, don't feel bad - I had to look it up to make sure I was using it in the right context! ;)

      "The term Internet meme (pronounced /ˈmiːm/, rhyming with "cream"[1]) is used to describe a concept that spreads via the Internet."

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_meme

      - Chicken Mama

      ReplyDelete
    8. This was a neat list. I have to comment on #10--you would have EVEN LESS TIME. No kidding! I don't know how this happens, it just does. Hubby wonders how he EVER fit work into his busy day.

      Your mom cracks me up. I think she could think of a thousand interesting things!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Chickie Mama - I don't think I learned anything really new from your list. Maybe the one about you wanting to live a whole year in an isolated setting with no other human around. Have you ever stated before you wanted it to be a whole year? I know you've said you'd like to drive into your property and not come out for a month. Or two. Or so.

      I've thought about doing my list but very private (you know I'm basically shy and reserved) things keep coming to mind that I'm not sure I should divulge! (I could get arrested.)

      ReplyDelete
    10. I'm late - I save the best for last and I've been very behind on my blog reader! Of course I would love to comment and question but it would take 10 pages so I'll save it all for later LOL! I will definitely do this, ...sometime this week! Crazy busy with put-off chores today and can't wait to put my kids to bed and sit on my butt!

      ReplyDelete

    11. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. แทงบาคาร่า
      This are such great articles. แทงบาคาร่า This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
      แทงบาคาร่า I appreciate for reading my blogs.

      ReplyDelete

    If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!