I'll admit it, I'm kinda hooked.
One of the reasons I haven't been around lately is because of Facebook. I've been here at my computer and online enough, but I've been at Facebook. Are any of you on it that I don't know about? Wanna be my friend? (That's some FB lingo for those of you not in-the-know.) Although, sometimes I've wondered if it's best to not be in-the-know, though . . . kind of the theory that ignorance is bliss and you can't miss what you don't know about. It does tend to suck you in!
Anyway, a current theme on FB is creating a "note" of '25 Things About Me'. After you write your 25 items, you are supposed to "tag" 25 people who, in turn, have to write THEIR 25 things and "tag" you so that you can see what THEY had to say. Clear as mud?
The point is, it was fun, and I would encourage you all to play along. Reply to me here in the Comments section or in a private e-mail. Here goes!
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
So, in no particular order:
1. Locally, I'm known as Chicken Mama.
2. When I was growing up, my family didn't have running water or electricity until I was 12 years old.
3. I'm a darn good shot with a gun.
4. I'm a darn good cook.
5. From grapefruit knives to chef's knives, I have 22 knives in the kitchen (at least, that's as many as I can see).
6. Of the above, 5 are chef's knives and, besides the one I'm currently using, they're all dirty.
7. I've had blond, auburn, brown (my natural), and straw-orange hair. (KT, remember the hideous straw-orange?!)
8. I can make my own cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, yogurt, pickles, sauerkraut, salsa; chicken, turkey, and eggs (!); candles, root beer, and liqueurs.
9. I've never eaten a steak in my life. Yuck!!! (And, no, I'm not a vegetarian.)
10. My husband is 17 1/2 years older than I am.
11. I went to grade school in the only log school building (remaining then) in Minnesota.
12. I am mother to none; but nanny, godmother, and auntie to many.
13. I use a wood combi-fire stove for cooking & baking every day.
14. I have two stoves and three ovens in my kitchen.
15. I designed our house.
16. I swear too much.
17. I strive, every day, to be more organized. One day, I WILL prevail!
18. Some day, I'd like to live for a period of time (if not a year, then months - or, at the very least, weeks) without clocks to see how my body naturally adapts to not being governed by TIME!
19. I'm a really good snow plower.
20. I really don't like talking on the phone. On the other hand, I LOVE e-mailing!
21. I'll be a published author one day.
22. I LOVE audio books. It's the only way I get to "read" books these days.
23. I love to crochet. I wish I knew how to knit.
24. I have two tattoos.
25. I was born 100 years too late.
I thought this list would be difficult to make, but it wasn't. Does that mean that I'm an egotistical person?