* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



#@*!

Dammit to hell and back!!!

THE BLACKFLIES ARE OUT!

I almost came in halfway thru my chores this morning to put my headnet on.  This is the earliest they've come out since I've been recording (Hastings-on-the-Lake is where we used to live, half an hour directly south and by the big lake):

2001:  May 24th (Hastings-on-the-Lake)
2003:  May 28th (Hastings)
2004:  June 2nd (Hastings)
2006:  May 25th (Hastings)
2007:  May 18th (Swamp River Ridge)
2008:  May 31st (Swamp Rive Ridge)
2010:  May 10th (Swamp River Ridge


Dammit, dammit, dammit!  (Claire, I'm SO sorry!  It's not like I could have done anything to prevent it, anyway, but . . . !)

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, that is quite a bit earlier than your other years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, crap! That is VERY BAD NEWS. I swell up insanely if they bite me. And with E's sensitivity to everything, I'm nervous. CRAP! Well....it might be a nice vacation not in the woods. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm out mowing the lawn and Dad is weed whipping and not a bug in sight! Isn't it strange that conditions can be so different in the same county?? (For which I am very thankful, 'cause you KNOW I wouldn't be able to be outside with the black flies in full force.)

    Sending my sincere condolences to Swamp River Ridge. #@*! black flies!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!