* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



From the Highest High . . . .

Okay, let's get the frustrating heartbreak out of the way, first.

From my previous post, you'll see that The Pregnant One had her baby! A little girl, as expected, and all is perfectly, wonderfully well regarding her arrival and current state.

However . . . . The new parents had this sweet "first baby". Here she is, posing for me in front of last year's Christmas tree. She was SUCH a good dog, and Mommy & Daddy were SO looking forward to introducing her to the baby when they arrived home yesterday.


A disaster interrupted the joy late Wednesday, though. Abby was residing with family during the hospital stay . . . and was tempted by something on the other side of the highway . . . and now sweet Abby is gone.

The highest of emotional highs has been followed by the lowest of lows. I just found out yesterday afternoon, and Tom stopped on his way home last night just to check in with them. I'll go down today to . . . you know, just "be" there . . . and help them focus on the joy that is their adorable little girl.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sad! You are right, help them focus on that beautiful baby. It won't take away the hurt about the pup, but it will be a marvelous and amazing miracle of a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Mama that is sooo sad! I am such a dog lover that you have me in tears! I hope the new parents' loss is tempered by the fact that they have a healthy baby to love and keep them busy during this hard time. My thoughts are with you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - way sad BUT things (all manner) happen for a reason. Godspeed!

    Congrats Auntie!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!