* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Brrrrr!

Brrrrr! It was 8°F degrees this morning! I guess it's official: winter HAS arrived!

I haven't been "out" since we got the snow, so my mind's eye paints the picture of the whole county being snug as a bug under a light layer of white . . . but Tom tells me that there's little to no snow down by the lake. HOW disappointing!!

AS USUAL, my day got away from me yesterday, and I didn't even get around to beginning the day's "scheduled" tasks until after 4:00 PM! But, that's not to say that I was laying on the couch eating bon-bons all morning and early afternoon. ;) I got a PSA written and out to the local radio station advertising this weekend's art festival; I sorted & washed eggs; I did a big batch of dishes; I did outside chores; I wrote & posted two blog entries; and I remembered and did - before I forgot it again - one of the Before Christmas tasks I forgot to put on the list: make & bottle root beer. And I got the ad written and posted (again, for Saturday's art festival) to the local electronic bulletin board.

Once I finally got started on my day's 'To Do's, I did get a good chunk of work done on more prep for the festival, working at it well into the night. Too busy to stop very long, I got Tom a light dinner (he'd eaten a late lunch) and meant to eat myself . . . but I "bonked" with a very unhappy, hungry tummy at 9:45. Too tired to eat that late, I downed a big glass of egg nog and, with that to satiate the hunger pains, went to bed.

Soooo tired. What is it that Madonna always get shots of: B12? I need me one o' those!


3 comments:

  1. We got our first measurable snow today too. It's so beautiful-I call it the "Magic Snow"-the first of the season, so perfect and clean. I did however hear people complaning about it everywhere I went today. I always want to ask "If you don't like winter and snow, why do you live in Michigan?" We'll have perhaps enough on the ground to get the snowshoes out by the weekend. Whoo-hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow, but our snow here in VA is a miserable snow/sleet/rain mix that we can only make "mud angels" in! And yes, it's B12 that is the supposed "wonder shot"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting winter big time.
    Suppose to have 10-15 inches of the white stuff by Thursday morning

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!