* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Ugh.

You know that idiom, "I feel like I've been run over by a truck"? Well, I feel like I've been run over by an 18-wheeler.

I've worked 3 consecutive days of particularly long nannying hours starting at 8:00, 8:00, and 7:00 AM, respectively. And, I am NOT a morning person. (Oh, and those times are the "be there by" times . . . so add an hour of morning drive time to change them all to 7:00, 7:00, and 6:00 AM!!!)

I can't remember as far back as Friday night, but I know we were home none too early. Saturday night was a wedding reception, and then last night was a BBQ with the family of the groom (here from Kansas). When I walked from the car to the house last night, I felt almost giddy because it felt SO good to be home . . . and knowing that I didn't have to get up early this morning to go anywhere! Of course, because I was SO tired, I slept for beans last night, but at least Tom let me sleep in this morning! No getting up with the 5:45 alarm to set out clothes, make coffee and breakfast or a brown-bag lunch.

And, Tom did a great job of keepin' the home fires burnin' this past weekend . . . including doing chores for me, taking laundry off the line, mending a chicken waterer, hauling wood, getting into town yesterday to fix the roof of the Håfweh Haus, etc., etc.! AND still attending those evening functions with me!

I left my jacket and camera at the BBQ last night, so I have no pictures to punctuate this post with, but I'll post them just as soon as I can retrieve it. Meanwhile, the house is a disaster, and I have bags upon bags from my past three days of "living out of the car" to sort and go through. So, as always, I'm sure I'll find SOMETHING to do to occupy my time until then. ;)

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Not that I've been nearly as busy (or away from home) as you have been lately, but I could NOT drag myself out of bed this morning until nearly 8 AM . . . and I was asleep by 10:30 last night. AND I am a morning person! I think it's got something to do with the darkness these mornings and coolness in the house because we're not stoking for overnight fires yet.

    Maybe it's the transition season thing and we'll all get a burst of needed energy soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, too. I get up 5 days a week at 5:30am, get E ready for 'school,' pack lunches, get to work at 7:30am, gogogogogo, no lunch break, pick up E around 4:30, dinner 5:30pm, play/bath/E time til his bed at 7:30 and then I FINALLY get time to do the dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc. That's why I'm taking a break tonight and maybe watching a movie (ooooh, what a rebel!!!).

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!