* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Blessed be the . . . .

Blessed be the Technology . . . when it's working again!

After countless trips in and out yesterday between the satellite receiver and his laptop plugged into the modem here inside . . . the HughesNet tech finally got us up and running again! Yayyyy! We still have a few hitches to overcome . . . which we'll take care of by upgrading to a new system. Apparently, technology has improved in the 3+ years since we bought our system. (Imagine that!) I'll price that out as soon as I get a chance.

And, lest you think that getting a service tech here is "no big deal": he came from over 220 miles away! Super nice guy, though, and it was a pleasure to have him in my kitchen for 3 hours!

Anyway, the thing I'm truly excited about is being able to work on the websites I'm in the middle of developing again . . . AND getting some new pictures here on the blog!

So, without further ado, a little photographic catch-up:


Our first snow greeted us this past Saturday morning! That melted, but then we got another 1/2" on Monday. Looking outside, it's cool enough that there are still patches of the white stuff left here and there.


Both of these photos were taken of Saturday's first snow, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!