* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Words Cannot Express . . . .

Words cannot express how angry Tom & I are this morning.

On his way to work, Tom saw a huge gathering of crows & ravens and immediately slowed down to see what was causing all the commotion.

There, in the ditch, was a huge, beautiful bull moose. With its head entirely severed and gone. A "trophy" for a poacher.

I have two wishes:

1. That the DNR, a CO, or a cop had driven around the corner when this "person" (too kind a word, really) was in the middle of the decapitation.

2. That the same fate as was bestowed upon the bull might happen to whomever did it. And that would be too good for them.

I will take & post pictures later today, but, of course, they will be graphic.

4 comments:

  1. I've been trying to think of an appropriate comment to make regarding the actions of these "hunters" but the words I keep coming up with should not appear in print for all to see.

    Regarding your #2, I do not think he should have his head cut off. I was thinking about another part of his anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is JUST horrible!!!

    Some people have no honor. I agree with Mama Pea except they have no b's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad. I hope they find the nasty person who did this. Taxidermist's in the area should be notified. Whenever I go to Maine or drive through the Adirondack Mountains I am always on the look out for a moose. I have never seen one yet and I would be so excited if I did. What a horrible thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when "hunters" do shit like that! It only takes 1 incident like that to give any of us who are hunters a bad rep. Plus it's a moose wasted and there just aren't that many left here anymore. GRRRRRR! I share your anger!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!