* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



When Turkeys Attack!



Turkey-Durk, aka Tom the Turkey, is on his way to a new name: Thanksgiving.

For a while now, his aversion to the color red has caused a few sharp words to be directed his way, but there's been no contact . . . and I've been reminded to avoid wearing red in the chicken yard.

This morning, however, I flipped my pretty, flowered apron over to the reversible side to go out to do chores . . . forgetting that the reversible side would provide a chest-to-knee display of fiery red.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm wearing a dress today? A knee-length dress?

Before I had taken two steps into the poultry yard, Turkey Durk got me . . . BAM! As soon as a pained, startled, "HEY!" was out of my mouth, I realized my error . . . and made a hasty retreat outta there . . . where I removed the offending apron.

Moral of the story? "Lesson learned."

HOWEVER, if this is a sign of a change in attitude on his part, no matter how beautiful he is, he's gonna be on the table in two months!

3 comments:

  1. Ow, ow, OW! I think you got off lucky considering you had no pants covering your legs for protection! And to think you're the only mama he's ever known. Ungrateful little *#$!*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH!!
    I can already see the deliciously satisfied smile on your face at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it will be interesting to see if his attitude returns to normal here!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!