* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



The Big City

In the big city for 24 hours.

Remembering the things I enjoyed when we lived here: Barnes & Noble, Target, good liquor stores, good restaurants. Basically, selection. Oh, and long business hours.

And, anonymity. That's the BIGGEST thing I miss.

That's not to say that there aren't greater goods that come out of small communities. I whole-heartedly recognize that and couldn't agree more.

But, there's something to be said for being able to run to the grocery store and not having to stop to talk to nearly every person you see, you know?

(The people watching's pretty fun in a big city, too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!