* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Happy May Day . . . a Day Late

Morning, all!

I was a zombie yesterday - downright exhausted - and I got to sleep in this morning which was WONDERFUL . . . but I still feel run over. And now, my eyes are squinty and a bit painful. I REALLY hope I'm not getting sick. Baby Girl (who I nanny for) is on antibiotics for a little eye/nose/ears infection, so . . . ? Echinacea, here I come!!!

I worked three FULL days this week, and, with an hour & a half tacked on to either end for drive time . . . plus some errands, those were long days. And, when work starts @ 8:00 and you need to be driving for 90 minutes, well you can do the math. (Remember, I'm NOT a morning person!)

Tom's been in Grand Rapids (just over a 4 1/2 hour drive away) since last Sunday (home today), so the dogs have been with me at work . . . languishing (they'd rather not, thank you very much) in the truck during those long days. They are SUCH good riders / sitters / waiters, thank goodness! The folks whose house I'm at have two dogs, too, so there's generally an hour or so of playtime outside for ALL of us (4 dogs plus Baby Girl & me) in the afternoons. But, otherwise, it's a long day for them. :( Thank you, Maisy & Tucker!

Since Tom's accident, he's not been able to do his Trapper Cabin Handyman Services for obvious reasons. So, he's applied for a couple of "desk jobs" . . . one back up on the Rez and one in town. I'm sure that with the economy being what it is, there will be many applicants for each, but I also feel confident that once Tom gets in for an interview, he'll be a shoe-in. Keep your fingers crossed for us. He's not excited about going to work for The Man again, but, on the other hand, he didn't particularly love being self-employed as a Mr. Fixit much, either. So, better luck this time?

Meanwhile, during this time of financial turmoil that has forced both of us to look at what's REALLY important (to each of us both individually and as a couple), my realization has been that Swamp River Ridge is what defines me. Not that it's always good to let a single "thing" define you, but the words 'Swamp River Ridge' are HUGELY all-encompassing. It's this piece of land, the animals, the house, the lifestyle. So, to that end, what can I do to make sure I can KEEP it all . . . while being here, physically, the majority of the time?

(Okay, chores and a few other online duties have kept me away, but I'm back.)

Continuing with the above . . . . I sat down and made a list entitled 'Working at Home'. It has 4 subcategories:
  • Things I Can Do To Make Money NOW
  • Jobs Currently In The Works
  • Future Income Ideas
  • Things I Can Do To Start Money Coming In
It was a good way to see ALL the options I have (18, at the moment!).

Okay, instead of waiting 'til I can finish this, I'll go ahead and post it now. The day's getting away from me. I'll try to get back to it before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!