* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



All Plucked Out

I uploaded these pictures on Monday, but it's taken me until now to get any text posted with them. We took the opportunity of relatively mild temps (14 degrees F above) to butcher that day. Eleven chickens and two ducks, to be specific. It was a long but rewarding day. By the late end of it, all 13 were completely processed and languishing in the freezer.

I'll write more about the day later, but for now . . . a picture of Turkey-Durk (aka Tom the Turkey) so that you can see that his feathers are growing in nicely after the October (?) attack by Tucker the Plucker:


Next, we have Maisy basking in the . . . steady hail of feathers shooting out from the plucking machine:


And, finally, a shot of yours truly hand-plucking the next-in-line chicken while Tom finishes processing another:

1 comment:

  1. Maisy's a goof! Did she like being in that feather shower?
    Sounds like you had a pretty busy day.

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!