* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Pain in the . . . .

For me, today was a complete waste. I woke up with a headache that turned into a completely debilitating little number, and I spent 95% of the day on the couch upstairs. Finally, at about 8:30 tonight, it "broke" - much as a fever would. Thank goodness! It was a miserable day for me . . . and somewhat miserable for Tom since he jumped to the worst of conclusions and worried about me all day!

In between his worrying, though, Tom layed the rock on the tops of both sides of the front entrance - 56 square feet, all tolled. I'm SO happy with how that is shaping up - it's really going to be the perfect "entrance". Good thing, too, since that ain't goin' ANYWHERE now!

We're having a weird late-season outbreak of blackflies. They were pestering Tom during his woodworking on Thursday and then again today. And, that's in the open areas! I'm not sure what they'd be like right in the woods. Yuck. Not that I'm encouraging the arrival of the first frost, but if that takes care of 'em . . . ! (The coldest we've had so far is 37 degrees, in case you were wondering.)

My folks went to the local dairy farm this past week and drove through the fields loading freshly baled hay . . . except it turned out to be, mostly, straw. Oh, well, it will get used. They and we split the order, and Tom and I brought home all but the last three bales (that we couldn't fit) last night. Here's a shot of Tom - out bright and early this morning - unloading the pickup.


Okay, I'm gonna sign off. My headache's coming back. Is it 'cause I'm concentrating on the computer screen or because I actually felt like eating something and did (corn flakes)!? Hmmm . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!