* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



It's The Little Things . . . .

It's frequently been said that "it's the little things that matter", and I couldn't agree more.

A few days ago, Tom brought a load of construction materials home from town that a friend wanted to get rid of. "One man's trash" and all that rot. Among the sheets of insulation were some small pieces of solid cutting board counter tops. Tom said that he thought he'd use them to build tables. I took one look at them and said, "Nuh-uh! I want those in the KITCHEN!"

The countertop at Hastings-on-the-Lake was a butcher block that we installed. The countertops here at Swamp River Ridge will be, too . . . once we install cabinets. But, until then, I could NOT resist the opportunity to have my most-used counter space replaced by chop-anywhere-you-want butcher block countertop!

So, on Thursday we did some measuring, and Tom cut and removed the section of plywood countertop that was to go . . . .


Next, after cutting the two sections to fit (out in the garage), he brought them inside for the install.


Voila! A brand-new butcherblock countertop that I'm LOVIN'!!!! And thanks, L & K, for your "throw aways"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!