* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



'Tis that Time of Year

It's that time of year. Forest fire season. Yesterday afternoon had that funny haziness that's generally associated with bad weather, but it was a blue-sky day (what we could see of it). This morning we realized what it was when the smell arrived: smoke. I did a quick Internet search for Minnesota forest fires, and, fortunately, there are none right now. That meant the fire(s) was/were in Canada. Sure enough, a search of Ontario led me to the smoke northwestern Ontario is experiencing from two large Manitoba fires (one contained, one not). Here's a link to the smoke progression (right over us).

(You can even see the haze and lack of "clarity" in the new photo of the house I've posted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!