* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Big Things = Busy, Busy!

Well! I'm sorry. We've been SO busy lately! As my pregnant girlfriend recently wailed, "I haven't even had time to cut my toenails!" (And, while my toenails aren't growing like hers are with the extra large dose of naturally-occurring hormones, you get the idea!)

Despite only having three posts so far, I'm loving Mama Pea's 'A Home Grown Journal' blog. Her most recent post - which, for her, may have been just a chit-chatty blurb about her strawberry patch - was a gardening lesson for me as I was reminded about pinching off the runners and blossoms the first year and mulching with this or that.

So, in order to update you, I need to go back in time to one cold morning in April when I went out to do chores. With the mash barrel nearly empty, the resident (chicken house) mouse had not been able to get out once he'd gotten in! While he'd had plenty to eat during the night, I think he was also plenty happy to see me come to rescue him! What a cute little guy! (Hmm, I wonder if he's the one Miss Kitty killed and ate last night?)

This next picture is from the beginning of April, too. Tom installed the only "real" interior door we have in the house: on "his" closet - the one in the utility room. And, even though I love Tom's handmade doors that hang throughout the rest of the house, I have to admit to a new favorite "sound": that of this closet door as the latch snaps into the jamb . . . a feature which none of the other doors have. Unfortunately, the dumb dogs still aren't used to the sound of a door closing IN the house and so tend to bark madly at the "intruder" every time Tom or I close it. (Sigh.)

A little (very little) more house progress took place mid-April when I began painting the sunroom. The first picture here is of the primer (the blue-grey color), and the next picture is of the "real" color - the green. The primer went on SO well, and I got really excited about the whole process.

But then, the green went on fairly poorly. It was gloppy and will DEFINITELY require a second coat. Such a disappointment after the ease with which the primer had been applied. The primer is a different brand than the green paint, and so I don't know if that's causing the difference or, maybe, the age of the paint. We bought the green paint almost two years ago and the primer just last year. But, never having been opened, paint doesn't go "bad" that quickly, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!