* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Winter's Hanging On

Tom and I had to go to town last night for a quick dinner with friends and then a meeting for the two guys and some others. A late season mini blizzard blew up just before we headed home, though, and it was a near white-out driving! With the howling winds it was hard to tell how much we got, but it was at least 4". Not an exceptional amount, but it came down hard and heavy in a very short period of time. Add to that the fact that our road had been deep, icy, muddy ruts frozen into mini luge runs for the tires . . . and then dump a few inches of heavy, wet snow on that! Fun. (Not.) But, we made it home just fine (slow and steady), and Tom got out this morning to the main road with the 1-ton pickup. But, we're still in full-on winter here at Swamp River Ridge!

I hate to admit that we'd forgotten it until I looked at the calendar this morning . . . but today is Tucker's 2nd birthday! Happy birthday to Pooper! (I dunno why, but that's what I've always called him.) I'll try to get a picture of him romping in the snow today to post. But, until then . . . .

The little man at 4 weeks old when we first met him.








At home at about 8 weeks old. (Pictures #2 and #3.)
























And, out on our frozen Swamp River a week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!