* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Nothing Should Be Wasted

As I'd mentioned earlier, Tom was in Orlando for a Microsoft convention two weeks ago. He returned home on a Friday night from hobnobbing all week with big-wigs. Then, on Saturday, he was doing this: skinning a raccoon. Nothin' like a little culture shock, huh?!

The first picture is self-explanatory.




In the second one, the body (belly up) is to the left while the skin (with a THICK winter's coat of fur) is neatly peeled off it.

And, the third photo shows Tom's salting it down to dry. Now, it's stretched and tacked on a board and is drying the woodshed.

2 comments:

  1. Grody to the max! Remind me NOT to eat next time I check your blog!! R u going to make a hat from it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!