* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



December Monday Morning

Happy First Monday of December! (December ALREADY?! Ugh!)

We've had quite the array of winter weather over the past week. Last Tuesday, we got about 4" of snow and then Tom and I ran up to Canada after he got off work to pick up a few last-minute supplies I needed for the local craft sale on Saturday. I don't know how it ALWAYS happens, but only 4 stops - including dinner - and we didn't get home until just before midnight! Argh! We did learn, however, that the way to avoid the 1/2 hour wait in the check-out lines at the Superstore is to be shopping at 10:30 PM their time (they're an hour ahead of us). I swear, vs. the HUNDREDS there are during the day, there were only about 12 cars in the parking lot. Max. (The Superstore is like a combination of Target and Cub Foods.)

Between midnight and mid-morning Wednesday, the bigger snowfall (that we weren't really expecting) started, and we had a decent amount by morning. Enough that I knew, after the alarm went off at 6:00 and I looked outside, that I needed to hook up the plow and head on out so that Tom could get out to the main road to head for work. So, coffee on and Tom's lunch made, I was out the door at 6:45.

(More later - my day is slipping away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!