* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Getting Back to "Normal"

Well, we're trying to get back into the swing of things . . . whatever that means.

Yesterday was Tom's first day back to work after nearly 2 weeks (he'd only been back that Monday when we got the call about Ernie's final hours). I got hit with a bit of the flu bug Sunday night and had a HORRIBLE night that night which lasted well into yesterday morning. So, I was in no shape to get his lunch ready and properly send him off on his "first day back". Felt bad about that. :(

Then, with the cellphone service still being sketchy (apparently our local Verizon towers had a big outage last week), I couldn't get Tom's message last night that he was in a late meeting and wouldn't be home at his usual time. So, I waited until 7:20 before I loaded the dogs into the car and headed out to look for him. FORTUNATELY, I met him only 1.3 miles away from the house! Yayy!

And, regarding the phone service, all I can suggest is that you give it a try (but don't expect much). You might be routed immediately to the voicemail instead of our answering machine (confusing, I know). And, if that's the case, I won't get the message until I'm able to call into voicemail (which has been a problem). E-mail continues to be the surest way to contact us until things are flowing smoothly again.

The bad blood between Miss Kitty and Annie Blue isn't quite as bad as I'd feared. Yesterday, while Miss Kitty was on my lap, Annie Blue decided to jump up for some lovin', too. She did it before I could stop her, and I tensed my entire body and shut my eyes for the bloodshed (to me, too, since it was all taking place - as I said - on . . . my . . . lap!) that was sure to follow. Fortunately, a ferocious hiss and growl from Miss Kitty was enough to send the kitten scurrying, and we all remain unscathed. Whew!

Anybody want to buy a really cute, clean little house in southwestern Minnesota? Corner lot! Lots of closets and a dry attic! Quiet, easy-access back alley! Workshop and extra storage room in the garage! The price is right! ;) Anyway, if you have any interest (or know someone who might), here is a link to Ernie and Jennie's little house. (This is not the one the boys grew up in - Tom and his brother helped them moved out of that house - only about 2 blocks down - in the late 90s.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!