* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Question of the Day

Well, no big surprise - and those of you who guessed that we were visited by another pesky raccoon guessed correctly. Since then, I've taken the bird seed can inside once and for all, and we haven't had any more problems . . . although Miss Kitty (who had woken me up by kneading her claws into my chest at the time) and I did think we heard him/her underneath the bedroom window Monday night.

Fortunately, and knock on wood, we haven't had ANY bears since we moved up. Let's keep it that way 'cause they can REALLY cause some damage! I remember that the woodshed door got ripped off one year at Hastings-on-the-Lake where they seemed to be rather frequent visitors. And, we've seen them on the roads up here, but, fortunately, not on our property.

And, whoever guessed that it was an opossum that visited us . . . well, we DO have the ratty-looking marsupials in Minnesota, but not this far north. The MN DNR website says that
"the opossum's naked ears, nose, and tail are very susceptible to freezing temperatures, which explains why the species is not found farther north." So, there ya have it!

On a personal, medical note . . . many of you know that I (Chicken Mama) have been chasing down the cause(s) of my (extremely frustrating) aches and pains for a few months now and had a surgical procedure in April to correct said aches and pains (which didn't work, unfortunately). Anyway, yesterday, with Tom coming home from a visit to his dad in southwestern MN, I hitched a ride with my folks to the big city of Duluth for another test which checked the functionality of my gall bladder. Unfortunately, due to the lack of expected discomfort/pain during the 90-minute procedure AND the fact that the technician said, "You have a beautiful gall bladder!" . . . I'm guessing the problems DON'T lie there! But, I'm waiting for the official results. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!