* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne

Final E-Mail-Related Message . . . I Hope

So, it seems that my erstwhile server has remedied the e-mail problem, but I have strong suspicions that many e-mails were lost in the process. Case in point, I have not received any e-mails from Monday, the 9th . . . AT ALL. So, if you think you may have sent me an e-mail that didn't connect, please resend. And, may the angry technology gods never strike my e-mail server again! (Ha!)

After a particularly hectic couple of weeks, I had foolishly thought that this week would bring some semblance of order, but I was mistaken. The need to burn both ends of the candle - and every point in between - remains for a few more days. Details to follow.

But, what's kept us so busy for the past few weeks? Well, to recap:

The weekend of June 23rd and 24th was the 10-year anniversary combined with the biggest weekend of the year for the local folk school . . . of which Tom is a board member and program committee head. There was an expectation of 3,000 people walking through the doors or something insane like that. The result was that both of us worked our tuchuses off for nearly 48 hours straight.
(Unfortunately, my tuchus remains as big as ever.) We didn't even come home Saturday night but instead left Miss Kitty and the chickens to their own devices and stayed at our little Hafweh Haus just outside of town (the cabin we built on my folks' property back in '97).

The Monday morning following the above mentioned exhaustion began a frantic week for me of preparing for my art festival debut
(d.b.a. Chicken Mama Originals). My mom came out and spent two full days during that hectic time on the photographic notecard assembly line. Tom helped me set up at the town hall on Friday night, June 29th, and then we were off and running at 10:00 AM on Saturday morning until 4:00 PM Sunday.

During pizza the Friday night before the festival (who has time to cook proper meals with all of this going on, I guiltily ask you?!), Tom asked if I had any expectations (of income) for the weekend. I replied that I had a hope rather than an expectation: that ONE person I DIDN'T know would buy something from me. (Pity purchases are great, but unbiased ones really count!) The result? Success! ONE person who I didn't know DID buy something from me! (Okay, so maybe there was more than just one.)

Anyway, the upshot of my first art festival is that when there's business, it's fun. When there's no business, it's boring and depressing. But, the busy/fun times make up for the quiet times, so I am in the process of signing on for more local art sales/shows. Besides, it's great to see your customers face-to-face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!