* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



23 July 2007

The poor dogs. It was so bloody hot for our unexpected hike, but they were real troopers. At every opportunity, they got a little ahead of me and collapsed where they could find shade . . . or dove into the underbrush at the sides of the road hoping to find water (which they never did).

During this drought, the closest they got to cool water was this slough / mud pit about 1 mile from home that they went DIVING into. However, it was also at this point that I knew that even if someone happened to come by and offer us a ride, I couldn't take it because of the thick, black mud the dogs were now covered in! But, at least it gave them a cool reprieve for a minute or two! Poor pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!