* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



J-O-B-S

Blessedly, I'm back in the land of the living . . . computer-wise (and, therefore, communication-wise) again! Whew! What a loop it throws me for when I can't get my usual deskwork done! You just have NO idea how MUCH of our life is on my computer! (For better or worse.)

So, some job info and shameless advertising: Tom is hiring for two job openings right now. One is an IT (Information Technology) Project Supervisor and the other is for an IT Technician (techno-wienie). Both are full-time positions with benefits. If you know of anyone who might be interested in living up here in the gorgeous Arrowhead Region of Minnesota who has an IT background, give us a shout! And, whoever applies couldn't ask for a better boss! ;)

The other big J-O-B news is that - after 10 years of being a traditional homemaker - I have put myself back out into the world of the average working stiff! As you all know, building a house takes money (damn!), and we'd just like to get a better handle on our construction loan. Tom offered to take on a second job, but that would be insanely ridiculous because then he'd NEVER be home to spend time with me and the animals OR be able to enjoy what we live here for (the lifestyle and outdoors). Instead, the obvious answer was for me to look for a part-time job.

So, I had an interview yesterday for what turned out to be two job openings up on the Reservation (I hadn't know about the second until they asked if I'd be interested in that one, too): both in accounting. The interview went well - almost too well, I'm afraid - because they asked if I could start at full-time. Yikes! So, we'll see what happens with that. They were going to decide today, so I should know - one way or the other - fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!