* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



27 March 2007
















My second adventure when Tom was gone was a much more interesting one (to me, anyway). I was in a funk that Tuesday and needed to break the mood, so I headed outside for a walk. It really was a gorgeous day. I decided to head up past the Trapper Cabin and check out the logging road. As it turned out, it was open and walkable.

We three (the dogs and I) walked about a mile down the logging road and then, on the way back home, I saw what looked like a clear path up the ridge that I hadn't seen before. So, what would be more natural than to take it?!

As it turned out, it was much less of a path than it had looked from far away, but it did lead to the top of the ridge . . . but not to the back of the house like I'd expected! Ohhhh, noooooo - it was nowhere NEAR the house! Matter of fact, for anyone who knows the area, I found myself pretty much right across the valley from Camp Five Mountain!

So, I wasn't lost in the sense of not knowing in which direction to head, but I was definitely a lot farther away than I'd expected. Once I thought about it, I realized that the logging road really did veer away from our place, and I had veered (purposefully) off THAT veer! On the up side, I saw some beautiful overlooks, got an up-close-and-personal look at our "back forty", and hiked my bad mood out in no time at all!

And, the coolest thing of all? That the woods of our own Little House in the Big Woods is big enough for me to get lost in! How many people can say that?!

This picture is a view from the ridge almost directly due north of our place through the trees . . . . A view we'd not seen nor captured before! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!