* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



12 April 2006

Aaaaannnd, this is the "after" picture. As you can see, my "thumbs-up" isn't quite as energetic as it was before I went into surgery!

They had warned me that I might have to stay overnight, and they did end up wanting to keep me so they could keep an eye on the pain, but, after a second (double) dose of morphine, I convinced them that I was all set and ready to head on home! So, we got discharged about 6:00 PM and made it back (with a stop at my folks' to pick up the dogs) about 10:00. And, let me tell you, a hospital bed has NOTHIN' on my own beddie-bye and heating pad! :)

I got up and jotted a quick e-mail to a few folks Friday night, but I know now that (how good I was feeling) was just the high-test hospital drugs talking! By Saturday, they had worn off, and I was the experiencing "the two day effect". Yesterday was the low point, but then I got a good night's sleep last night and am now almost myself again today!

More to follow soon . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!