* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



12 April 2006














As a few of you know, I had a little "procedure" done this past Thursday: an Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (say that five times fast!). Basically, it was a procedure to see why I've been feeling lousy, horrible, and downright atrocious since getting REALLY sick on March 4th. Well, the "procedure" (day surgery) lasted 1 1/2 hours during which they didn't just take a look-see. Instead, they inserted (and left) a stent, inserted and then inflated a balloon into my biliary duct and pushed it back and forth numerous times - still inflated, and, oh, yeah, performed a papillotomy (cutting one of the duct sphincters). This, needless to say, is the "before" picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!