* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



28 October 2006: We had friends come to stay at our little Hafweh Haus this past weekend and, on Saturday when we went up to clean it, discovered that a tree had fallen on it. I tell you, that cabin is blessed (knock on wood) when it comes to trees. This is not the first that has fallen on it nor will it be the last . . . but we have never incurred serious damage. This time, a large part of the gutter system was ripped off. But, how the trees have never broken any windows we'll never know! Luck, I guess! Here is my dad - who was Johnny-on-the-Spot with his chainsaw before Tom could even get his started - cutting down the tree in question plus a couple of others that had come dangerously close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!