* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Painting A Visual Picture

We woke up with the moon shining brightly into the bedroom this morning, and it didn't seem possible that it was time to get up! Now, with the sun just rising above the eastern ridge, it promises to be a gorgeous day! We had a balmy 23 degrees this morning, and it's only just 25 now - definitely our coolest morning so far. Snow is predicted for the rest of the week - which, normally, I'd be super excited about. But, given the fact that the rock work on the house is due to begin on Monday . . . and they have to "tent" each portion they're working on and heat it if the temperature drops below 32 at night (which, of course, is an additional cost which we simply can't afford) . . . and, well, you get the idea!

But, I digress from my subject heading.

I wish I had a big(ger) telephoto lens on my camera to show you what I see out the livingroom and sunroom windows. The steam that the river gave off this morning has moved into and stuck to the trees and brush surrounding it . . . creating hoarfrost on any and everything that will stand still! Then, with the sun just high enough to hit the far side of it . . . the river valley is lit with silver and golden white sparkles split by a lazy, icy blue, cold river. Unbelievable! I only got an up-close view of it myself with the telephoto monocular we have mounted on a tripod in the sunroom.

Each 24 hours seems to bring another beautiful view from our little mountaintop. These nights, with the full Hunter's Moon waning, it's hard to go to sleep at night: everything is so lit up in the valley below that you just want to lay on your stomach - cozy in bed - and look and look and look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!