* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne




5 July 2006: On my 35th birthday this year, we celebrated up at the trapper cabin with good friends who were celebrating HIS 45th birthday on the 6th! My girlfriend said that she would bring dinner but that it would "just be sandwiches." We were all so busy - and just getting some time together was the point - so that sounded wonderful! Well, she didn't bring "just sandwiches." What she did do was all I could have asked for as a birthday gift! She roasted a chicken (one of our organic roosters, actually) and there was stuffing. She made mashed potatoes and gravy. She made her famous 'Lisle's Kitchen' fresh bread. There was a green salad. There was wine and a bottle of whiskey for the birthday boy (which he generously shared with me). There was a chocolate (on chocolate) cake that was TO DIE FOR! And, get this: all was served on a linen tablecloth, in crystal stemware, and on fine china with silver that she packed and brought! All at the trapper cabin. She really outdid herself! We had a wonderful night! Thank you, Lisle and Shrek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!